EGD PROCEDURE INSTRUCTIONS
- Do not eat or drink after midnight before the procedure.
- You may take your medications with a small amount of water. If you are diabetic, please do not take insulin or diabetic medication. If you are taking diuretics, (Lasix, bumex, Diamox, maxide, dyazide, spirozide, lozol) please hold taking medication until after the procedure. You may bring medication to take in the recovery area.
- Dress in comfortable clothes.
- You may eat and drink after the procedure unless a doctor tells you otherwise.
- You must make arrangements for someone to accompany you after the procedure and drive you home following the procedure. You will not be allowed to drive home.
Colonoscopy Prep Instructions
Two days before the colonoscopy
1. Take four (4) Dulcolax tablets at 7pm
One day before the colonoscopy
- Be on a clear liquid diet all day*
- CLEAR LIQUIDS INCLUDE: Strained fruit juices without pulp, water, clear broth, or boullion, coffee or tea (without milk or non-dairy creamer). Any of the following that are NOT colored red or purple: Gatorade, soft drinks, kool-aid, plain Jell-O, and Ice Popcicles.
- Mix the Colyte/Trilyte/Nulyely with 1 gallon of water in the morning and put in the refrigerator. It is best to drink when it is cold.
- Drink 1/2 gallon beginning at 6PM. Drink the remaining 1/2 gallon at 1AM.
- Do Not drink or eat anything (including water) after 3AM.
Day of your procedure
- Do NOT eat or drink anything for breakfast. Do NOT chew hum or eat hard candy.
- Do NOT take any medicines EXCEPT medications for blood pressure, heart disease, and seizure disorder. Take these medicines 3 hours before procedure with a small sip of water.
- Please bring any inhalers that you use with you.
- If you are using INSULIN, bring it with you so that you can take it with your first meal of the day.
- Report for your procedure at the scheduled time.
- You must bring someone to accompany you as you will not be able to drive home.
- Do NOT wear fingernail polish.
- PLEASE LEAVE ALL YOUR PERSONAL BELONGINS AND VALUABLES AT HOME. WE WILL NOT BE RESPONSIBLE IF THEY ARE LOST OR MISPLACED.** IF YOU NEED TO CANCEL OR RESCHEDULE THIS PROCEDURE, PLEASE GIVE AT LEAST A THREE DAY NOTICE. *** ANY DEDUCTIBLES, COPAYS, OR PAYMENT ARRANGEMENTS ARE DUE ON THE DAY OF THE PROCEDURE. IF THESE ARRANGEMENTS ARE NOT KEPT, YOUR PROCEDURE WILL BE RESCHEDULED.